H1N1 flu is also referred as Swine Flu, it’s also called Swine Flu because in the past people who caught it had direct contact with pigs. Eventually when a new virus emerged that spread among people who hadn’t been near pigs.
While Swine Flu isn’t scary as it seemed few years back but protection against the same is necessary.
Symptoms of Swine Flu
People who have Swine Flu can be contagious one day before one has symptoms, and as many as 7 days after they get sick. Most symptoms are same as seasonal flu
- Sore Throat
- Running nose
5 tips to protect against Swine Flu
- Don’t touch your face: Above all keep hands away from eyes, mouth and nose as they all act as pathways for the virus to enter your respiratory tract
- Wash your hands: Wash your hands for 20 seconds using antibacterial soaps a few times in a day
- Use a sanitizer: no sink nearby? Then use a sanitizer, they contain gel that contains alcohol in order to kill bacteria and work most effectively in quick way
- Cover your nose & mouth: When somebody sneezes or coughs, liquid droplets packing flu viruses can travel through air and descend on your nose & mouth. It is best to maintain one arm’s length while talking with somebody
- Fruits & vegetables to boost your immune system: Keep your body well nourished with healthy food comprising of fruits rich in vitamins goes a long way to fight the flu